Total Nigeria Plc
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
- Professional development for employees is a key driver of Total’s performance and is achieved through a customized career plan that considers each employee’s aspirations, skills, performance and potential; Total’s Talent Developers are the resources which ensure that development.
- Every employee regardless of their position in the organization, receives career development support from a dedicated Talent Developer who is based alongside the workforce.
Your work with approximately 150 employees will cover four main activities:
- Assisting each employee in defining a career development plan and preparing for their future career path. You will conduct career assessments and assist managers in creating individual training plans. You will draw on evaluation tools and solicit a variety of viewpoints in order to solidify each employee’s chosen career direction. Thanks to your coaching and listening skills and your knowledge of the opportunities, career paths and businesses at Total, you will be able to propose ideas and recommendations.
- Supporting managers in the role of coach. You will actively promote each manager’s role as a coach by helping managers interact more effectively with their team and show their commitment to each employee’s personal development. You will provide managers with regular feedback.
- Serving as an HR Partner for the organization. You will conduct people reviews and advise managers on coordinating their teams. You will help to implement HR policies.
- Managing employee mobility. You will work with the managers to ensure that positions within your scope of activity are appropriately staffed. You will ensure the integrity, transparency and fairness of the internal mobility process.
You could be the ideal candidate if you fit this profile:
- You enjoy working with people.
- You are an HR professional with at least 10 years of experience, or
- You are switching from your original career path to HR because you are attracted to the multi-faceted challenge of helping employees develop their career potential.
- You are familiar with coaching or training.
- You like to get involved and help employees grow and develop by enabling them to clarify their own ideas while offering advice and suggestions.
- You know how to listen and how to make yourself heard.
Come and be a part of each employee’s professional development.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Arts or Engineering. Proficiency in French language may be an added advantage.
- 10-15 years successful experience in a field with a strong HR and/or management focus preferably in Consulting or the Oil & Gas industry. International experience may be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently, big-picture perspective, team spirit, open-mindedness, listening skills, ability to generate new ideas and demonstrate conviction and influence, organizational skills and an interest in supporting teams and managers.