Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
Nnamdi Azikiwe University is founded on the philosophy that knowledge should be propagated and disseminated to individuals without let or hindrance. Teaching and Research would be anchored on the needs of the Nigerian and International society generally. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, after whom the University is named, stands out clearly in the history of University education in Nigeria and Africa in general. In the discharge of its mission, the University shall live up to the ideals of this renowned statesman, by making University education pragmatic, and using it to forge unity among the various communities in Nigeria and the International community.
- The Director of Physical Planning shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day- to-day administration of Directorate of Physical Planning.
- By virtue of the office, he/she should be able to provide appropriate leadership and advice on the institution’s problems in areas relating to physical and infrastructural development of the University.
- He/She shall hold office for single term of five (5) years. He/She must not be above sixty (60) years of age before the date of appointment.
- The candidate for the post must possess a degree in Engineering and evidence of NYSC plus at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience in a tertiary institution.
- Relevant fellowship of the Nigerian society of Engineers would be an added advantage.
- He/She must not be above sixty (60) years of age before dated of appointment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of their Applications with their Credentials and Curriculum Vitae which must include among others, the following information:
- Name of candidate (Surname first)
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home address
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (If any)
- Schools attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Work experience
- Extra-curricula activities and
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
Candidates are advised to request their named Referees to forward their confidential Reports to the “Registrar” through the address below.
All Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked at the top left hand cover “Post of Director, Physical Planning “, addressed to:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
P.M.B. 5025, Awka,