Nnamdi Azikiwe University
Description: Nnamdi Azikiwe University is founded on the philosophy that knowledge should be propagated and disseminated to individuals without let or hindrance. Teaching and Research would be anchored on the needs of the Nigerian and International society generally. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, after whom the University is named, stands out clearly in the history of University education in Nigeria and Africa in general. In the discharge of its mission, the University shall live up to the ideals of this renowned statesman, by making University education pragmatic, and using it to forge unity among the various communities in Nigeria and the International community.
- The Director of Sports shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the Directorate of Sports.
- By virtue of the office, he/she should be able to provide appropriate leadership and advice on the institutions problems in the area relating to facility, management, human resources, funding and policy adherence in compliance with sporting rules and regulations. He/She shall hold office for a single term of five (5) and non-renewable.
- The candidate for the post must possess a degree in Physical Education and evidence of NYSC plus at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience.
- He/She must not be above sixty (60) years of age before the date of appointment.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of their Applications with their Credentials and Curriculum Vitae which must include among others, the following information:
- Name of candidate (Surname first)
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home address
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (If any)
- Schools attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Work experience
- Extra-curricula activities and
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
Candidates are advised to request their named Referees to forward their confidential Reports to the “Registrar” through the address below.
All Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked at the top left hand cover “Post of Director of Sports”, addressed to:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
P.M.B. 5025, Awka,