The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant (British Red Cross)
Vacancy No: IFRC03484
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 12 Months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not applicable
- Under the direct supervision and the guidance of the Head of Country Cluster, the Programme Assistant (Nigeria) will support the IFRC Country Cluster office in matters relating to National Society development, Programme Development and -implementation, reporting, administration, and the overall organization of the office.
- While formally reporting to the Head of Country Cluster, he/ she will be operationally managed by the Country Manager, British Red Cross.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to issues related to the Development of the Nigeria Red Cross Society, including:
- Coordination with the National Society and other relevant RC/RC movement partners on the follow-up of the findings of the due diligence process to ensure that identified organizational weaknesses will be addressed
- Support in accompanying the National Society in the process of operationalizing the NRCS country strategy.
- Provide support to the setting up and supervision of an external entity in charge of selected commercial activities which previously were managed by the Nigerian Red Cross Society
Research and write background papers and analysis as requested:
- Media Review
- Monitor trends and prepare context analysis for Nigeria
- Provide support in the development of programme proposals
- Context analysis
- Prepare regular reports and organize records
Organize a filing system for important and confidential documents:
- Policies and procedures
- Financial documents
- Programmatic and strategy related documents
- Contracts and agreements
Maintain the office calendar:
- Keep an overview of relevant meetings and events
- Maintain an overview of staff on visits to Nigeria
- Support in the procurement of items and services according to office procedures
- Follow up on other office services and maintenance when needed (plumbing, painting, etc)
- General office administration
- Adhere to the RC/ RC movement values
- Undertake other duties as are reasonably required
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations or any other field relevant for the work of the RC/ RC movement
- Minimum one – year work experience
- Working experience in Organizational Development in the non-profit sector
- Work experience within a multi-cultural environment
- Previous experience within RCRC
- Working experience in Humanitarian environment
Knowledge, skills and languages:
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Initiative and flexibility
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of strategies and operational plans of the NRCS, IFRC and BRC (Nigeria)
Competencies and values:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgement and Decision Making
- National Society and Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust.
Deadline: 14th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Follow Jobzilla on Instagram and also Click here to get latest jobs in your inbox everyday!