At Wema Bank, people are the key to realising our vision. Building trust with colleagues and clients, strong teamwork, professionalism and being accountable for our actions are the foundation for our success. We are an organisation that appreciates and values your unique talents, contributions and accomplishments.
Wema Bank Hackathon
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Hackaholics By Wema
- In 2017, Wema Bank flipped the script on the traditional banking experience with ALAT, Nigeria’s first and only fully digital bank. Built by a team of indigenous developers, ALAT is proof that we can hack our way to a better future.
- This year, we are switching things up with Hackaholics, Wema Bank’s first hackathon, and everyone is welcome.
- Hackaholics is a radical gathering of developers, web designers and creative thinkers interested in building products and developing solutions to improve financial services and other sectors of Nigerian life. We are particularly excited about potential innovations in personal finance, big data, retail banking, mobile payments, risk management, currency and stock trading, investment, regulatory compliance as well as health and the environment.
About the Hackathon
- Attendees can participate individually or in teams and teams can be formed prior to the Hackathon. Attendees are responsible for coming to the event with FinTech related ideas or finding a team to work with during the Hackathon. The Hackathon organizers and Technology partners may also provide teams potential ideas to work on and offer prizes to the best team.
- APIs and platforms from technology partners will be made available during the Hackathon. Attendees will spend 72 hours coding, validating their ideas, networking and then demoing their hacks to a panel of VCs, executives and entrepreneurs.
Who can Apply
- Teams who have worked together for over six months
- Not necessarily a registered company
- Twenty (20) teams will be shortlisted for the hackathon.
- Access to the Wema Bank Codeville incubator and accelerator program.
- Exposure to investors and opportunities to deploy solutions.
Deadline 10th March, 2019